Monday, March 19, 2012

Walkwise faces the chop

Stuff.co.nz reports that Walkwise faces the chop.

I have always questioned the need for Walkwise and so am not particularly alarmed by the news. If Wellington is the fantastic city we believe it to be than visitors should feel like they can approach any Wellingtonian on the street and all Wellingtonians should take an active part in keeping an eye out for trouble.

One Walkwise patroller who I see around seems to be the complete opposite of these intentions anyway. Everytime I see him he is walking around with his head down and paying little attention to what is going on around him, he also seems to patrol very secluded areas where he will be of little help to visitors.

I know it is unfair to taint all Walkwise patrollers based on my observations of one of their number but I would not be surprised to hear similar stories from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment